Thanks for your support.
We have obviously had things to say that were meaningful, maybe we said things that were annoying, hopefully not too many things were flat out dumb.
It is a good start, but we still have some short term goals to accomplish, and some big plans for the long term.
Our short term goals are:
- To encourage more interaction. To find ways of getting more replies or comments generated.
- To make it easier for visitors to use the links to buy books and recommended products.
We have a number of thoughts about how to encourage interaction, but we are honestly not sure what the best way to go is. Should we setup a moderated discussion forum? a “Stump the Expert” Q&A section? Integrate more with Facebook or Twitter? We would love to hear your suggestions.
In terms of making it easier to use the links, we plan to go through the posts we have already written and change the links to make it clear that –
- We never place a link unless we have reason to believe the book or product is excellent. If it is a supplement, we always check to make sure that it has passed Consumer Lab’s review. If it is a book we have either read the book ourselves, or someone we know and trust has suggested it.
- You never have to pay extra to use the link. Amazon pays us a small (really small) amount of money for the referral, but the prices are the same as they would be if you went directly to the site.
- We aren’t trying to make money with the links, just trying to cover some of the costs of hosting and maintaining the website.
Thank you for your support. And don’t be shy about telling us something is not right. We love suggestions.