This is a short list of the books that we most often recommend when people are dealing with issues related to depression. Please let us know what you think in the comments below. Feel free to recommend any other books or readings that you or anyone you know has found helpful and would be a good resource for people with depression.
- The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Depression: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Move Through Depression and Create a Life Worth Living by Patricia J. Robinson and Kirk D. Strosahl
- How You Can Survive When They’re Depressed: Living and Coping with Depression Fallout by Anne Sheffield, Mike Wallace, and Donald F. Klein
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy Mass Market by David D. Burns
- Overcoming Depression: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques by Paul Gilbert