The difference between someone who has confidence versus someone who does not, is remarkable. Confidence has the power to completely transform a person’s life. The question is, if you don’t have it already, how do you get it? Listed below are some strategies to help you believe in yourself, increase your self worth, and realize that you are worthy of respect from others:
1. You must take control of your life and the way you feel about yourself. Decide to feel confident, and take action on that decision. No one can change the way you see yourself but you.
2. Present yourself in a positive way. Groom yourself, dress in a presentable manner, stand up straight, and speak slowly. All these things will enhance the way others perceive you and the way you perceive yourself.
3. Create a positive self image. If there is something in your mental picture that you do not like, then work on changing that factor. Fix the things you don’t like and start seeing all the good qualities you posess.
4. Change your negative thoughts into positive ones. Learn to recognize when you have a negative thought. Next time you have one, make a point to crush it and replace it with a positive thought. If you make this into a habit, you will start to have less negative thoughts and create more positive thoughts initially.
5.Engage in self reflection. Understanding where your thoughts and feelign are coming from can help you evaluate your limitations. You can then decide whether or now the limitations you have set for yourself are real or just there because you are afraid to realize your full potential.
6. To feel positive, you need to act positive. By changing what you do on the outside, you will be able to change how you feel on the inside.
7. Be prepared. Before doing something you are nervous about, make sure you take measures to prepare beforehand. If you have an idea of what you will be doing, you will have more confidence.
8. Don’t be deterred by big goals. Start off with small goals that you know you can achieve, and work your way up to bigger, achievable goals. Setting these goals will allow you to gain confidence in your abilities. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
9. Smile more often! Smiling not only projects positivity, but can also increase your own self confidence. Be happy about who you are, and realize that you have much to offer the world.
For more tips on gaining confidence, check out this website: